This five-star black bean burrito recipe is a reader favorite and sure to become one of your go-to weeknight meals.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burrito)
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350°.
Remove one chile from can. Chop chile. Reserve remaining adobo sauce and chiles for another use. Combine sour cream and chile in a medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
Place half of beans in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add chopped beans, remaining beans, and corn to sour cream mixture.
Spoon 1/2 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; place, seam side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread salsa over tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Half of the beans are finely chopped to give the filling a thick, creamy consistency. This dish can be made up to 8 hours in advance and chilled; just bring it back to room temperature before baking.
Calories from fat: